[ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Wandress

Re: [ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Post by Wandress »

Wandress stared after Hephastion as he disappeared further into the building. Hurry...you must hurry... Her weaving had been much weaker than she had thought, it was already unravelling. She gingerly touched along the scar across her chest, coated with thickening and dried blood, but her skin had knit itself together under Hephastion's fingers. It was a very strange form of Healing he had; she would have to remember to ask him about it. Some other time, of course.

As Hephastion left, Finwe burst into the room, his anger and projected menace towards her focusing her again. "Come quietly?" she growled at him, glaring. "Come quietly. Why would you think I would go anywhere with you? You fool. I was trying to save her, to keep the peace in this village, but you, you couldn't leave well enough alone. Do you even know what you've done? Do you?" she spat angrily at him.

She forced herself to keep her black eyes on his face, and not the sword pointed at her. Keeping her face calm, she smoothly pushed herself to her feet, ignoring the exhaustion of her limbs. Gods, don't let me shake, don't let him see my weakness, she prayed as she eyed him levelly. The Light beckoned her, pulsing just out of reach, but she tried to seize it all the same. "And now you think you're the hero in this, coming to save her." Desperately she grasped for the power, scrabbling for it uselessly. Her lips curled in a disdainful snarl. "Right now, Hephastion is saving her, saving her from consequences your haste would condemn her to. Your ignorance may destroy her yet. Come quietly, hmmph. You can try, if you feel luckier than him." It took all her restraint not to smile in victory as her eyes filmed over in quicksilver, the Light flooding through her body in a violent torrent. She pointed her claws out at him, spots of fire flaring and dancing between her fingertips menacingly. She doubted she would be able to actually wield any of her power against him - even standing was a pitched battle now- but he didn't know that.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Carrying Peronell through the dark corridors of the Inn, he finds another door, this time it was open leading into the public room, laying her on a bench he runs his hand over her brow hoping her dilerium was still holding her senses "You collapsed in the street Peronell, lucky I was passing by" giving her a grin.

His lie was all he could think of at that moment, knowing well fine he would still be the last person she would want saving her after the events in the Council Chamber. "The Inn Keeper was kind enough to allow us in here while you recovered, we should probably be on our way though"
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Strong arms lift her up, she has a sensation of quick, purposeful movement. She continues to claw her way out of oblivion and she welcomes the recognition of sounds and scents and touch. Footsteps echo in her ears and there is a scent in the air that is familiar, but she cannot name it over the staleness in the air. And then dark quiet gives way to light and sound and she is being lowered. A chilly touch brushes across her brow and is enough to bring her to open her eyes and the first thing she sees is him. She inhales sharply, awake and attuned to the words as he speaks You collapsed in the street Peronell, lucky I was passing by...The Inn Keeper was kind enough to allow us in here while you recovered, we should probably be on our way though

A nod is all she is capable of, she had never thought ... would never have expected to wake up to ... she moves her feet from the bench and sits up as Hephastion hovers. His words Collapsed in the street... run through her mind over and over again. A flash of the innkeeper - then nothing. Her feet hit the floor with a thud and she uses her arms to help push herself upright. She must have fallen on sharp stones when she collapsed because she could almost feel bruises forming.

A quick, sidelong glance at him, and a deep breath, Thank you. I am sure I can get home from here.
Sylphos

Post by Sylphos »

Many things happened quickly, one after another: the man with the sword attempting to dash past the vampire, the latter attacking the former and disappearing into the building, and after a few seconds, the human getting up and following persuit.

Sighing and rubbing his forehead slightly, the cloaked man muttered to no one in particular.

Why do these children have to use violence to solve everything?

Raising his eyes again, the man concentrated on his hearing, trying to tune in to what was going on inside the inn.

You two go to the front door, signal me if someone comes out.

He didn't have to look to know that his two wolf friends had taken off, silent shadows gliding off to their appointed watch places. Taking a deep breath, Sylphos entered the building, sniffing slightly every now and then, as if following a particular scent. This led him to a room on the higher level, where he could see Finwe raising his sword against a female with curiously feline attributes.

I wouldn't do that, if I were you.

Taking a couple of steps into the room and blocking the door, the newcomer leaned his head to either side, producing a number of satisfying popping sounds. He frowned at the man, crossing his arms over his chest as he spoke.

No matter what the reason, a man holding a weapon against an unarmed woman is something I do not approve of. I think it would be better if we all calmed down and talked this out.

He turned his gray-blue eyes towards the woman, who seemed too busy snarling at her enemy to bother much with him. However, something tickled at the back of his mind when he saw her. A memory from one of his travels, many years ago...

She-Who-Wanders-Close-To-The-River?
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Standing back as Peronell sits up, he relaxes hoping she bought his lie. She seemed to be too far gone when he removed her from the room. Moving toward the door he turns the handle slowly then draws his hand back, sensing something or someone on the other side Not again

Turning back to face her, "You look like you need a few moments" his mind racing on how he was going to get out of this one. He did have a kinship with certain animals and on occasion he was able to control them, but trained animals were a nightmare, they already had a master and their will was much harder to break.

If they were well trained, they wouldnt attack him unless ordered, explaining the presence of wolves in the street to Peronell was another matter altogether.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

She watches his hand grasp the door handle and then hesitate. A few moments would might be needed. But, what I really want is to be home, in my own bed, asleep She stands up as she replies, a bit shakily, and uses the wall to steady herself. Her eyes do not leave his face, her instincts tell her that something is not right. Feeling like her legs will support her efforts to make it to the door, she walks closer and realizes that he is standing in her way. Perhaps not deliberately, but it will be impossible for her to open the door with him there.

Excuse me please.

Expecting him to move, she reaches for the door's handle and begins to open the door. A peek of wolves sitting on the threshold causes her to close the door quickly. She turns around and leans back against the rough hewn oak door, her heart pounding at another strange ocurrence, nearly too close to him for comfort, I don't think now is a good time to leave by this door.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe is too enraged by the situation to actually listen to Wandress’ words. He senses some weakness in her. Spitting at his feet is the last straw and he moves to capture her and use her as a hostage.

As he is about to pounce he notices Sylphos entering with a condescending look. Talked this out? he says after his lecture from Sylphos. You do realize they just kidnapped the Acting Viceroy . . . but no lets all give them the benefit of the doubt. They are criminals. Woman or not, I don’t see you condemning Hephastion for holding and torturing Peronell.

Further sensing Wandress' weakened state he charges her trying to use the hilt of his sword to knock her out or at least stun her. He was desperate, he didn’t want to really harm her, but he needed her as a bargaining chip.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Smiling at Peronell as she leans against the door confirming his feelings, moving towards the door he nods at her "I really dont think they will attack us, if we just remain calm and walk slowly"

Nudging her gently away from the doorm he turns the handle opening the door slowly, his eyes shining as the wolves eyes stare coldly back at him piercing his soul, or at least what would have been his soul. Stepping out the door way, he signals Peronell to stay close to him, keeping her shielded behind him as he makes his way past the wolves, his fangs growing in his mouth, he stares back at the animals not turning his back on them.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Calm and slowly. Got it. Her bright green eyes are unfocused as she watches him without seeing. An instant of awareness as he nudges her from the door is all that penetrates her conscience. She is focused on the job that has been given her, walk, stay calm, slowly, walk slowly.

He turns the handle of the door and as he opens it she doesn't see two wolves sitting outside; she is transported back in time. Her sister. She must save her sister. The memories flood her vision, they had not been so vivid and life-like in years. Dammit. Focus. She thinks. But the images continue to flicker before her eyes. Her sister surrounded by a pack of wolves...and then dead. Her throat ripped apart. She, Peronell had been too late... Focus. Calm. Slowly. She tries to bring herself back to the present.

She knows to follow Hephastion, closely; tentatively she reaches out and grasps a handful of his cloak. Her anchor and safety. A glimmer of a smile touches her thoughts as she realizes that he has become her salvation in this moment. Ah, the irony. They walk past the wolves. She more of a shadow lurking behind Hephastion, still hanging tightly to his cloak. She can smell the piney, woody scent of the wolves and chokes back her fear. Her heart beats powerfully in her chest, near to bursting, but she looks ahead, focused on his cloak, the pinpoint of safety at the end of a long tunnel.
Sylphos

Post by Sylphos »

The door opening just a fraction and immediately slamming shut again caused the two improvised 'doorwards' to perk up their pointy ears. A few moments later, the door opened again, this time all the way. The vampire emerged, with the Human female hiding behind him.

The sight of the creature's fangs growing in his mouth caused the black-furred animal to emit a low warning growl. However, the sound was the only outward sign he gave of his distrust, being careful not to move much to avoid scaring the woman even more than she was.

Once the pair had come out of the building completely, the male wolf turned to look at his female counterpart. A very short, silent conversation ensues: he perked his ears up, the white wolf flattened hers down against her skull for a moment, and finally he gave a sort of short 'huff'. The she-wolf got up and lightly padded over to the corner leading to the dark alley, and let out a low howl to signal that someone was coming out...