[ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Wandress

Re: [ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Post by Wandress »

She hesitated for a mere moment as the man offered her a seat, peering at him calculatingly. Or at least, she hoped she looked like she was contemplating something other than whether to fall forward or back. He seemed trustworthy enough - he had, after all, saved her from that mad Finwe. He wouldn't save her, just to harm her later. That would be foolishness. Was it?

Her legs decided for her, dropping her into the chair that he held out for her. Propping her elbow on the table at her side, she cradled her face in her hand, an uncharacteristic slouch in her shoulders. A moment sitting wouldn't do her harm, if Finwe appeared at the top of the stairs she could run; her legs were longer than his anyways (overlooking the fact that she might not be able to move at all.) "Deal," she sighed, closing her eyes for a long minute before opening one to look up at him. "Now for the third time. Who. Are. You."
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

The looks of disbelief and anger on the men's faces silence her for a moment. Finwe makes his way to her and a grimace flashes across her face as she grabs his arm, the muscles in his arms flexing. The anger coursing through him is palpable, a pulse under her hands, almost overwhelming. She considers her words carefully and speaks softly, soothingly. Fin, I think if Hephastion wanted me dead, I would be. She looks around the room I don't know...don't know if I should know what happened here tonight; but I know that he carried me to the front of the Inn and I was safe. She indicates Hephastion with her bandaged hands. I just think we need to get Wandress and get the hell out of here.
Sylphos

Post by Sylphos »

Sylphos chuckled as the young woman asked him again, possibly trying to sound stern, but sounding more like a child who hadn't had her nap and was getting grumpy about it. Taking a seat opposite to her, he smiled as he leaned forward and propped his elbows on his knees.

Well, my name is Sylphos Istarion. I'm not surprised you don't recognise me, though: you were only a toddler when I found you lost by the riverbank and brought you back to your village. Hold still a moment.

This last request was delivered as the man leaned back in his chair. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, all was silence. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen...

Until suddenly, the stranger's body started to glow. At first it was a faint shimmering, mostly in the area just around his head and shoulders, but it started to grow increasingly bright, until at last an almost 3 foot-thick, golden-yellow aura streaked with forest green surrounded his whole body.

Sylphos opened his eyes slowly, raising both his hands in front of him and cupping them together. His aura, which until now had remained fairly static, started to pulse and move a bit, travelling down his arms and swirling around and around between his cupped hands. When the light finally died down, what was left was a glowing, yellowish ball of energy about the size of a large orange, hovering over his open hands with a slight humming sound.

This should help get you back in shape. I'm giving you a tiny bit of my energy, seeing as you look just about ready to drop like a stone.

The cloaked man leaned forward a bit, bringing the luminous sphere closer to his 'patient'.

Go on, touch it. Don't worry, I've done this several times before, it doesn't hurt. I've usually heard its effects described as "something similar to a sugar rush"...
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

As Peronell speaks he lets out a sharp laugh "See, she didnt jump to conclusions" stepping into the hallway over the shards of broken ice he doesnt wait for a reply, his bright eyes shining as he makes his way through the dark corridor, he could sense Wandress close by and that she was calmer.

Unaware of any other presence he pushes open the door to the common room just as the stranger seems to be offering Wandress something, a strange etheral light eminating from his hands, stepping forward he watches the exchange between the two.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Heading for the door to follow Hephastioin, she turns and looks at Finwe Well?
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe is trying to comprehend the whole situation as Hephastion begins to walk away. First Peronell had appeared out of the window and now she was . . . agreeing with that creature. He watched Peronell go to follow the vampire out of the room.

In disbelief he asks, Are you really going with him? And what do you mean “get out of here”; where do you plan on going? Three dead guards, people know the Acting Viceroy has been missing for hours, and now you‘re going to go hang out with a vampire, a giant cat, and an elf that runs around the capital with a pack of wolves. Did they scramble your brain that bad Peronell?

Trust me, there are more guards on the way, this is the safest place for you. I don’t know what his twisted plan is, he nods in the direction of Hephastion. Even if they didn’t hurt you, it doesn’t mean they won’t. I don’t want to go wherever it is those . . . things are going.

He moved over towards the stairs heading back down. Peronell, even if they haven’t hurt you yet, they have killed three people tonight. I’m getting reinforcements and going after them. Either you’re with me or your against me.
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Meh! You're right. I am the acting viceroy, I can't just walk into a battle... she looks at the devastation in the room as Finwe points it out to her. The dead guard, a hole in the floor, shards of ice partially melted are all clues that she doesn't have the strength or powers to be of much help. but, I know there is more to them than what it seems, Wandress and Hephastion at least. And, they are on the council as well, I'd rather then not get hurt. The sting in her hands brings tears to her eyes as the rush of adrenaline fades and her aches and pains re-emerge. She leans heavily against the wall and holds her hands up to her face as if to wipe away her memories.

A flash of a thought appears in her mind and she gasps aloud. ...a strange etheral light eminating from the stranger's hands... but the thought was not her own. What was going on ... now she is hallucinating?

What do you want me to do? she just isn't sure that she can trust her judgment at the moment.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Wandress stared at the man who called himself Sylphos Istarion as he seemed to rest in his chair, willing herself to recall any sort of memory of him from her childhood. All she could gather were the twisted half-fantasies of the very young; her naming day had been full of dancing fairies, graceful elves, and talking animals, while she was on her very own adventure like the great heroes in her grandmother's fire stories. She certainly did not remember a young man in her journey...though there was a bit of a blur that found her back in the village again. Could he have found her and brought her home again? It couldn't be possible, her naming day was over 40 years ago, this man looked barely an adult. She gave her head a slight shake. No, he must have heard the story from someone else, maybe...

Her thoughts trailed off as he held his cupped palms towards her, pulling her out of her reverie. A luminescent ball hovered between them, pulsing with beckoning energy. Unable to help herself, she held out a hesitant hand towards it, outstretched finger hovering a moment before touching the top of the orb. Her black eyes filmed over in quicksilver as the yellow light shot up her arm and diffused through her body, each muscle tensing and twitching as the exhaustion washed out of them temporarily. She didn't know what a sugar rush was, but the feeling was close to when she had first tasted Hephastion's blood; a rejuvination of her energy, even if it was to be brief. It was a temporary solution, but she could at least stand properly, maybe make a few small weaves as long as she held onto the Light. Relaxing again in her chair, she fixed Syphos with her silver gaze. "I, uh....thank you."
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe still can’t believe some of what Peronell is saying. Yes they are on council . . . but they just killed three people. They are MURDERS! He is about to continue as he notices the pain in her eyes. Calming down he begins walking over to her, Peronell, he says in a softer tone, It doesn’t . . . he begins as he notices her face go blank for a moment then she gasps. So many odd things were happening tonight that nothing should surprise him, but still things kept getting weirder.

Are you ok? he asks as he puts his hand on her shoulder and looks into her eyes, as if they might tell him what just happened. I know you . . . I know how you are. You are too curious for your own good, you want to go find with them to find out what this is all about. Think rationally though, how are you going to help by going through that door?
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

Watching as the energy moves between them well thats interesting he tilts his head slightly for a moment before his attention is brought back by voices growing behind him, hearing snippets of their conversation he shakes his head and steps forward, closing the door behind him, he leans on it, penning it shut to the others coming down the corridor"Now that the rituals are done, can we please leave" giving the man a look for a moment he looks back to Wandress " I dont think we are going to be alone much longer, seems the Councilor has other plans in mind"

Wandress seemed to be in better shape, the wound on her chest had closed and what ever the stranger had done, seemed to lift her. Looking at the front door of the Inn he turns to the stranger "Are your guard dogs still out there, because we need to move quickly" avoiding the simple pleasantries such as name exchanges for the moment, he knows if more help arrives, more lives will be lost. Pushing a chair against the inner door, he moves quickly across the room to the front door opening it slowly, seeing several dark figures moving through the street towards the Inn "Well, its now or never" he offers Wandress his hand and motions to the door again.