[ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Peronell

Re: [ORP] - The Dark before Dawn

Post by Peronell »

Her wary gaze follows him as he moves through the room, skirting the hole in the floor on his way. The tone in his voice has changed and the softer and gentler tone pushes her almost to her breaking point. She must appear a mad woman for his manner to change so much so quickly.

His touch is unexpected and she looks up, startled, to meet his gaze, a link to humanity and rational thought. An anchor in the storm. His words penetrate her hazy fog of doubt. No, no. You're right. I can't help. I can't. And that is killing me. There's nothing I can do that can fight that. A drop of blood drips from her makeshift bandage as she points to the room, falling in slow motion...the drop flexing and stretching as it falls...hitting the ground with a "splat" that she can hear in the silence.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

Wandress took Hephastion's hand as he held it out for her, nodding slightly as she let him pull her to her feet. Murmuring her thanks, she glanced over at Sylphos. "Yes, we should be leaving; I'm sure your little stunt with the ice did not enamour Finwe of you. And helping me certainly did you no favours." She glanced towards the door, scratching her chest unconsciously; the thick blood had dried on her skin, itching terribly now and flaking off beneath her claws. Filled with the Light, she caught shadows moving outside of the darkened window, a chill running through her. Would she have to fight again? "I just want to go home," she muttered under her breath. Taking a deep breath, she readied a weave of Air and gestured to Hephastion to lead on.
Sylphos

Post by Sylphos »

...and an elf that runs around the capital with a pack of wolves...
Raising an eyebrow, Sylphos turned and looked in the general direction the voice had come from.

I am NOT an Elf! Well, not completely, anyway... And two wolves hardly count as a pack!

Making a dismissive gesture with his hand, the man turned to see his 'patient' and the Blood-Drinker getting ready to go.

Oh, wait! Wait just a second...

The stranger moved past the other two, raising a finger to his lips in a gesture as if asking for silence. Poking his head through the door, his sharp blue eyes quickly scanned the shadows, searching for a very specific patch of darkness. Upon finding what he was looking for, a low, short howl left the man's lips. The sound was practically indistinguishable from the answering howl from the dark street.

A short shape separated itself from the shadows, and the large, male wolf came trotting up to the inn's door. A 'conversation' of sorts ensued, composed by what any expectator would only percieve as a series of growls, whines, yips, low barks and howls, and a miriad of other animal sounds, both from the black-furred beast and from the blond man now squatted down in the doorway. After a few moments of this, the animal took off, and Sylphos straightened up with a sigh.

My friends will ambush the guards coming down the street and lure them away. That should give you enough of a headstart to be able to elude them for now. Where will you go? They'll probably check your respective homes first...
Last edited by Sylphos on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

A grin crosses his lips as the man speaks "Its not me im worried about, its them" pointing into the street "If they come after us, its only them that will suffer"

Turning to Wandress he gives her a softer smile, as his flesh hardens "You ready!" not waiting on an answer, he moves into the street quickly finding the shadows in the lie of the buildings, his eyes bright as he keeps the Vitae flowing, ready to use if needed, his thoughts turned to Peronell for a moment, he had left her behind with that maniac, bringing all these men on a hunt......Hunt!, im the hunter, not them his heart began to beat faster in that moment, his priorities switching from hunted to hunter in a moment.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Knowing that there isn't much time he begins to get frustrated with Peronell's lack of making a decision. Peronell, I need to go gather the guards. I can't make you come with me, you need to decide that for yourself. Think of the people you represent though, he says in a last ditch attempt to convince her. Finwe was half tempted to pick her up and just take her back to the safety of the Viceregal Castle but something stopped him. Peronell . . .

At that moment the last guard that was left alive came up the stairs. Lord Protector, the creatures have started running away. There are still wolves to deal with downstairs in the alleyway.

Finwe takes his focus off Peronell for a minute, Slip past the wolves if you can, gather more men and meet me back here., he says as he motions for the guard to move along. Turning back to Peronell . . . We need to move, I'm going to go take care of the wolves. He looked once again into Peronell's eyes, he was concerned about her and didn't trust to leave her alone, but someone needed to be taking charge of the situation. Finwe couldn't muster the right words to express what he should have said to her and all that came out was Stay here.

He proceeded to rush down the stairs, as he did he noticed two wolves in the alleyway as he saw Hephastion and the others leaving. He had no intention of taking them all on at once, he would find them eventually, there were only so many places they could hide. Finwe took a defensive stance to hold off the wolves as he waited for reinforcements to arrive.

(OOC:"I am NOT an Elf! Well, not completely, anyway... And two wolves hardly count as a pack!" . . . Sorry wasn't sure exactly what you were so I just went with what people were telling me, lol. No offense intended, that comment was meant to be insulting anyway as part of the RP :P)
Peronell

Post by Peronell »

Peronell, I need to go gather the guards. I can't make you come with me, you need to decide that for yourself. Think of the people you represent though Finwe's words finally motivate her. She pushes herself away from the wall, wobbling a little on her unsteady feet. She nods as Finwe gives orders ... things are beginning to make sense again ... until he turns to her and orders Stay here.

No. but her denial is lost as Finwe dashes down the stairs.

She staggers after him, stumbling down the stairs and bouncing between the walls before crashing into Finwe's back and landing on the ground looking up, past the buildings, into the deep, dark night sky.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

He feels Peronell thump into him as he headed down the stairs and she was now laying prone on the ground. Still he stared down the wolves, he was torn as to whether he should help her . . . if he turned from the wolves they might attack.

Hesitating for a moment he yells Dammit! as he heads over to help up Peronell. Luckily more guards are arriving as he reaches her. He yells a few orders . . . They headed that way . . . Take care of those wolves . . . You stay with me. He keeps two guards with Peronell and himself. He looks into her eyes one more time, they still have an odd look to them. Knowing he has to continue on he orders one of the guards to help her up and take her back to the Viceregal Castle.

Finwe notices that a couple of his guards are tangled up with the wolves. He makes a dash between them hoping to gain ground on Hephastion and the rest of the monsters that were running from him. He had seven men with him, not counting the ones entangled with the wolves. He dashes down the alley way as he sees them reentering the inn.
Hephastion

Post by Hephastion »

The militia were closing in as they made their way through the streets towards Wandress' cottage, Hephastion turns suddenly "Keep going, I'll draw them away"

Slipping into the darkness, he slows himself down focusing on his prey, these men were armed and dangerous and even a Vampyre had to be cautious, as he makes his way between the buildings, leaping fences and ducking lines across the narrow streets, his eyes shine brightly as he focuses his energy. Moving back into the main street the scene slowing as he moves forward again, the pursuants stopping in their tracks as he moves quickly towards them, his flesh hardening and his fangs growing as the Vitae flows through his body.
Wandress

Post by Wandress »

"Hephastion!" she called after him as he disappeared down an alley. Was separating the best way to elude the men that chased them? Not that she was that worried about the Vampyr; he was, after all, immortal. It was the militia that Finwe had sent after them. Fool man wanted to go play "hero" and screwed everything up royally; had he left well enough alone, they all could be home now, sipping tea in front of the fire. But no, instead she sprinted through the empty streets of Bravia with men Finwe had condemned to death on her heels. Fool man!

Sparing a quick glance over her shoulder, she flung out the net of Air she had prepared before they fled. Invisible bonds snared one of the men, lashing his limbs tight to his body and sending him crashing to the ground. She continued on without a faltered step; the man would remain tied tightly for hours, probably most of the night, or until she untied the weave herself. One less she had to worry about at least. One less she might have to kill. The thought tore at her; she was a healer, only ever wanting to help people, though she had no disillusions of what would happen if they did catch her. Bloody Finwe. Damn the man. She just hoped that Sylphos' energy lasted longer than they did.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe still had some men with him, but he had lost track of the three criminals. Slowly he continued cautiously down the street that he had last seen them running down. After all the commotion at the inn, the night had grown silent again. There was a sense of foreboding in the air.

He turned back to one speak to one of his guards, as he does he sees Hephastion rushing out of the darkness. Steady men! he yells as he braces himself for Hephastion attack.