ORP Tolin's shop - "Golden Harvest"

Moderator: Community Team

Tolin

ORP Tolin's shop - "Golden Harvest"

Post by Tolin »

(Would like to write rp tolins workshop a bit since lately Tolin has been doing alot of milling IG. Also if you ask to buy stuff in bulk or anything through mail I would like to ask your permission to post your message to keep my rp goin. So if you order anything or buy from me post a lil rp here plz for a lil fun. Thanks! :) )

Tolin's shop - "Golden Harvest"

Tolin's mill and shop could be found on the very edge of Bravia town. A smoth dirt path could be followed right ip to his turning wind mill. It was made of solid old stone and the roof was made of wheat. To him wheat was excellent for roofs as well as for making flour. It was plentiful as one would easily notice since Tolins wheat field was right behind his mill. The field of gold swayed lazily as the wind blew through it not to mention causing the giant fans on his mill to turn lazily giving the area a lazy and peaceful feel. The sweet smell of oat meal cookies could feintly be smelt in the area as well as other fresh food smells as Tolin worked on preparing food and cookies and other delicious foods.
Lately Tolin had become quite busy with milling orders so he had decided to post a sign in his shop with buying and selling orders to hopefully get business runing a lil more smoother.

His sign read:
Buying
isk berries 16 f
oranges - 14f
Wheat - 11f
oats - 9f
mint - 6f
strawberries - 14f
potatoes - 8f
milk - 7f
barrels - 30f
eggs - 3-4f

Selling
Isk berry pies - 30f
cheesecake - 25f
Cookies - 12f
berry milk - 25f
Mashed taters - 30f
Egg drop soup - 6f
Flour - 12 f

NOTE: If buying in bulk such as cookies and flour prices may be negotiable.
Callie

Re: ORP Tolin's shop - "Golden Harvest"

Post by Callie »

Callie had become quite adept at making her muddy pies, even if there were still a few people who could never understand why she made them. In fact, she had become good at making more than muddy pies, she made muddy breads, muddy sandwiches, and all sorts of muddy things. The most amazing part of all of this muddy baking, is that most of her food did not taste muddy at all. It was the one thing that Xeno had magically gifted her before he had disappeared...anything she baked tasted delicious, and not like mud at all, unless of course you wanted it to taste like mud. Nor did it look muddy, Xeno had found a way for the mud to transform itself within Callie's hand...actually, it wasn't her hands at all that did it, it was the special oven he had gifted her with. As such, she had become quite a sought after baker, being one of the only bakers in the Cork who baked on a regular basis. The problem with this...the child could not seem to find a miller around to help her with the ingredients she needed to bake her muddy pies, cakes, sandwiches, breads or anything else she baked. Which meant no flour could be found on the market at the Cork. And we all know that even the best muddy pies aren't made strictly with mud...they have other ingredients, one of which was flour.

Luckily for anyone who was consuming the tiny toddler's baked goods, Callie had stumbled across a miller who would help her with flour, entirely by accident. She had gone to visit her auntie Alexandria, and while perusing the marketplace (by perusing I mean she was twirling and dancing and such through the aisles of the marketplace, being her usual precocious self when she happened to bump right into a display of flour, wearing quite a bit of a bag before anyone could apologize for her not paying attention. So what did the child do? She paid for the flour she spilled, scooped it up and put it in her pink and white polka dotted bag, then giggled and ran off, but not before finding out the name of the proprietor of the display from the steward that was working it. Making a mental note...well not a note, Callie's mind didn't write well, any more than her hands did, but she made up a song to remember the name, then off she went, to try and speak to the person, hoping to make arrangements for more flour for her baking needs.

Callie got directions from the steward, then luckily for her, she found the sign and began walking in the right direction. She walked and walked and twirled and danced her way through town, then towards the outskirts, looking for the windmill she was told marked the right spot. All the while singing her little song to remember the name; Towin, Towin. Yew ish swollen. Callie no know whyyyyyy...Towin, cowwin, yew can be mowwwin. Yew ish going to wetted Callie buyyyyy....floourrrrr.

When the twirling tot saw the windmill, she stopped, her eyes widening widely, her mouth opening in a round o of surprise. It was much bigger than she had envisioned in her mind, not that she knew how to envision a windmill, though in her mind, nothing was much bigger than her. Keeping things smaller in her imagination made her feel bigger you see, so why would she envision things huge and make herself feel small? Once she convinced her feet to move again, Callie skipped and twirled her way to the windmill, all the while calling out; Hewwwooo...any peepwe home? Callie ish hewe to see yew. Callie wanning to buying some flour from yewwwww.
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alex knew she had her hands full in raising Callie. The tiny toddler was quite a handful. Thank goodness she wasn't raising her alone. You think Alex red hair looked wild at times? Keeping up with Callie would make it wilder and prematurely grey. Alex chuckled as she walked to the market place looking for things for her workshop as well as the Basilica.

Alex found some stone at a reasonable price. After paying for the stone and having it sent to the Basilica it was time for some wood. Callie! Alex looked left then right, backwards then forwards. UGH! She's at it again Alex grumbled stomping her foot. Alex as about to shout for Callie when a messenger approached… Are you Alexandria, deacon of Bravia? Alex lowered her head then took several breaths; yes that would be me she answers with a silly look on her face. Then this is for you. He said handling a letter to her.

Thank you, she said reaching into her pocket and pulled out a coin... have you seen a curly headed little sprite of a child? The man pointed toward several workshops then took the coin and went the other way. Thank you again Alex said as she opened the letter.
Hi Alex

Is your temple drinks contact able to make some drinks for the Cork Temple? I have asked my contact, but he is travelling and I'm unsure if he has any in his house.

Willow...
Well it seems I have two birds to kill she said as she headed towards Tolin's workshop. Poking her head in every workshop she passed to see if Callie was there. Why am I not surprise. In the last place I think to look that should have been the first place. Tolin's workshop... Alex laughed as she heard her niece's voice. Callie did you forgot someone? Alex put her hands on her hips and tried to give Callie her stern look but it never seems to work. Covering a laugh she turns to Tolin. Greetings Tolin... Alex gave him her big smile like always. I have a letter from my Grams in Paz. She... no wait Cork is in need of temple drinks and she was wondering if you could make some for them. Alex haded him the letter then looked at Callie...why is my Callie covered in flour? Alex reached into her basket and pulled out a long cloth. Kneeling she began to wipe Callie's face, then her dress.... nope going to take too long. Alex used her magic and magically cleaned Callie. Much better... Then she looked at Tolin. Don't rush... help Callie first. Looking at Callie... do not leave this workshop without me is that clear young lady? Someone, anyone needs to invent a magical rope that helps me keep up with you.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

Tolin was making cookies at the time when he heard a small voice at the front door of his shop drawing near.

"Hewwwooo...any peepwe home? Callie ish hewe to see yew. Callie wanning to buying some flour from yewwwww."

His arms and scales were powdered here and there with a bit of flour as he made his way toward his display counter; stacking cookies pyramid style on a already large pile as he made his way around the counter and toward the door. He opens it and looks around blinking his scales displaying a proud royal blue and yellow. His scales immediately began to shift a deep purple (frowning) as he looks around for his customer. He almost closes the door with a shrug then happens to look down at the hatchling. To him the creature was small considering his own 7 foot, 300 pound frame. As he saw her tho his scales burst into yellows with tinges of pink striping all along his body.

"OH! Hello little one! What can i help you with today?"

Tolin then looks up just in time to see a red haired human female with her hands on her hips saying "Callie did you forgot someone?"

Tolin chuckles as he nods to Alex, one of his favorite carpenters! Tolins scales begin shifting into a colorful display of bright colors.

"Greetings Alex! And thank you. This letter will be responded to with a nice barrel of drink!"
He nods to alex's words not to rush. His scales shifting a bright banana yellow as he watches. He steps backward swinging the door wide open waving a hand motioning them to come in chuckling
"Do come in. You cant see what i have out there on my porch."

He makes his way behind his counter peeking his head into the back room of the mill and shouts over at his steward to make some tea barrels then comes back to the counter waiting for his customers orders.
Callie

Post by Callie »

When the door opened, Callie's eyes widened in delight. This was a most curious creature, and ever so much bigger than her. She looked to see if Tolin had a tail, maybe Tolin liked tail hugs like her friend Logo did. They were almost the same size, huge that is. And he was wearing flour, just like her. Did yew bumpy into flour too and getted it all ober yew wikey Callie? But he didn't see her, he was looking the wrong direction...straight ahead, not down at all. She clapped and giggled with delight as his scales turned colors, first royal blue and yellow, then purple. Of course, right about then, he finally looked down and saw her, which made her giggle even more. Ohhh...wooky dat. Yew gotted more colors now. And ohohoh...pinky and yewwow. Dat pweddy.

Before Callie could tell him what she wanted, Callie's auntie reached her. Callie looked up at her auntie and beamed, her deepening dimples flashing through the flour. Hewwo aundie Axix. Who Callie forgetted? Yew hewe, Nodwin ish hewe too. Nodwin ish fwying near dat windy milly fingy. See, uppy dere! And now Callie ish hewe to buy flour for bakeded yummy fingies.

The tiny toddler's head swiveled around to look up, up, up at Tolin when he chucked, and such a lovely sound it was too. Then the colors changed some more, causing her to clap and twirl and giggle. Pweddy, pweddy colors, yew see aundie Axix? Callie habing flour on Callie on aksiden. Callie bumpy and it fall on Callie. Why yew doing dat? Him gotted flour on him too. Yew wipey him off now too? Oh, wooky dat. Callie dwess all pweddy again. No more wite on it.

Callie followed Tolin into his shop with her aunt, giggling even more after the majik used to clean her, it tickled her insides like crazy the entire time. Callie no going. Why yew need rope for Callie? Callie no wikey rope mush. She skipped around the shop, pausing from time to time to assess her surroundings, absorbing the odors of the shop in pleasure that only a child who loved cookies could do properly. Callie wanteded to buy flour from yew, if dat be obiekaybie. Callie needed dat for bread and sammiches and fings wikey dat. Can Callie habing a cookie pweese? Callie eben say pweese, Callie habing maners yew know. Yew ish reawwy reawwy hi up, did yew know dat? Callie no hi wikey dat, Callie is onwy widdwe. Yew gotted a tail? Yew wikey tail huggwes? Callie bestestest twoll fwend Wogo wubs tail huggwes. Yew wan Callie gibing yew huggwes?

((OOC: Any mail I send is always in character, so I never have issue with anyone posting it here :) ))
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

Tolin looked down at callie in amusement, his scales shifting a banana yellow and answers her questions
"Indeed i do have cookies and some flour for sale." as he motions toward a large pile of flour sacks with his tail.

"And yes i do indeed like hugs!" he grins widely as he tries wraping it around callie in a old fashoned lizard hug tickling callie with the end of his snake rattler. (if she lets :D )

He looks over at Alex "ah you are a shahman as well as a carpenter? A dame of many talents i see?" chuckles

"Also barrels of tea should be ready soon. How should i get them to paz? Should i give them to you?"
Alexandria

Post by Alexandria »

Alex giggled as she followed Callie into the shop. Beautiful workshop Tolin. Callie, I don't think Tolin wants me magically cleaning him. Alex gave Tolin a silly grin. That's me magically born as well as taught. But it doesn't help me keep up with my niece. That would be more like a miracle. Alex considered how to explain the rope to Callie but changed her mind. It was better left to her imagination.

Colors... yes Tolin's colors are pretty. Callie rattled and bounced about like she always did making Alex shake her head.

Thank you Tolin. I'll buy them from you then have them shipped to Cork ... or is it Paz? Alex scratched her head, I guess I better ask Grams before I ship them.

Alex moved to stop Callie when she saw it was making Tolin smile as much as it made Callie. You know she will be your friend for life after that big and colorful hug. Alex shifted to watch Callie as she hugged Tolin's tail.
♥ Split Personality ♥ Sorceress ♥ Priestess ♥ Little Phoenix ♥ All Magick ♥ You be mixed up too ♥
Callie

Post by Callie »

Ohhh. Yew changing more colors. Soooo pweddy. How yew do dat? Callie no change colors wikey dat. Yayyy, Callie buying flour and cookies from yew then. She giggled as she saw his tail pointing to the flour, something she had not seen in her fascination with his ever changing scales.

When Tolin moved to give her a tail hug, she giggled and hugged him back, wrapping her pudgy arms around his tail, giggling even more when his rattler tickled her. Dat a woooonnnddderrrfewwww tail huggwe. Callie wikey dat, wots and wots and wots. Aundie Axix, yew wan huggwe too? Him gibing suberfabuwus huggwes. Yew will wikey dat a wot, just wikey Callie do. Of course, Callie being Callie, took full advantage of hugging Tolin, taking the opportunity to touch the colorful scales to see how they felt. Not once thinking that it might be inappropriate or be taken wrong to touch something without permission from one species to the next. She was a toddler, so her impulsiveness ran unchecked all the time. Well, it didn't technically run, and definitely wasn't being chased, but nobody, including Callie controlled her impulses. So her chubby fingers ran over the scales closest to her, a tiny toddler sigh sounding at the new texture.

When she heard her auntie, she nodded enthusiastically (because how else would she nod? She does everything with enthusiasm, you know that). Yesh, Callie be yew fwend for life. Yew wan Callie be yew fwend wite? Callie ish a good fwend. Callie gibing huggwes to fwends and pway wif dem and eberyfing. Dat be obiekaybie wite? Ebery peepwes wikey fwends.
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

Tolin's scales shifted a brighter yellow as the hatchling touched the scales on his tail. Tolin was used to this by now. Ever since he came to these lands, the mammals always seemed to have had a fascination with his scales. Especially females seemed to want to pet or touch his scales. This always amused Tolin. To him it was as normal as any human eating or drinking. He answers callie:

"I would indeed love to be friends with you little one." he winks a large blue geco eye at her as he chuckles.

"Now as for buying flour and cookies they are 12f per cookie and 12f for bag of flour. If you buy a few bags of flour i do hope you have something to help you transport them since they get pretty heavy if you carry more then one."
Grayson

Post by Grayson »

Grayson was moping around town lately, seems that his Fiancé had taken to traveling and as The Temple Priest it was harder for him to travel with her. She had been doing a lot of traveling for the church and in turn trying to take care of Callie as well. He was walking around and checking on people seeing how the town was fairing, when he walked by his Carpenter shop and walked in dusting it off bit....... He stepped out and his runes started to glow a bit that meant Alex was somewhere close by or at least in town. He turned and started walking and saw the light fade so he turned the other direction. The light began to brighten again, so he walked in that direction looking over the street and in shop windows....Sooner or later he would find her.