~ORP~ The Parade of Mad Mayor Karcier

Moderator: Community Team

Krail

~ORP~ The Parade of Mad Mayor Karcier

Post by Krail »

With his apparent flawless election campaign Karcier had managed to sway voters for vote for him, or at least three. Bridget being one and Karcier being the other two as he was a patron. The more then confident Karcier marched up and down the street that would hold his parade, it would be large enough to accommodate him. That day, which was two days away would be all about him... and the Grand Town Mentor. He grinned and wondered if Widu people knew what was going to happen, dictatorship, hugging taxes and letter boxes being flooded with letters. Oh this would be a great moment of history for Widu, after all Widu was the town that made history at least more exciting history compared to the other towns.

He walked up the path which would have his parade, of all the things he'd always wanted. A parade about him winning something was among them, he chuckled and practiced his speech, not that he had one. He had so many reason's, one of them was fairly simple. His Sister who'd been executed by the cruel hag Delilia had been mayor of widu, so it was to honor her first and foremost. Secondly was because he'd started his adventure in this town so many years ago, he'd started as Azio then became Karcier when he was reborn.

Karcier arrived to see the band waiting for him, fantastic he thought. He hummed to them the song he wanted to play throughout the entire parade, only to end when he was done and entered the Town hall, leaving on that note he warned them that security would throw them out if they continued on playing and made noise after his departure. The band laughed, good they think its a joke he told himself. He merely smiled and laughed along.

It had been one of his pet projects ever since he had started running for mayor, he'd created his own line of security. They'd handle the rabble of yvyrmins and zyrks,these were ingenius inventions and would honor the mage Zachrin. He grinned brightly, thus would be revealed soon...oh so very soon.

Him and Bridget would have front row seats on the moving platform which would in turn be moved by twenty dwarfs, one needed to have a good chuckle and make it memorable. Everything was prepared, all he needed to do was win. Which wouldn't be hard as if he lost he'd invade the town hall with the aid of the Yvyrmin and Zyrk population. Simple, easy and carefree. Finally the fire heads of Widu would get the recognition they deserved !

"Ah life is good."
Bridget

Re: ~ORP~ The Parade of Mad Mayor Karcier

Post by Bridget »

Bridget wasn’t sure what she was getting herself into, getting involved with Karcier and his crazy campaign for mayor. She half-wondered if he wasn’t slightly insane, and if so, what that made her. She was brimming with nervousness and uncertainty. While the thought of a parade was exciting - she had actually been encouraging of it in the tavern with the soon-to-be mayor on many occasions - the last time she was paraded through a crowded town square was not a celebration. This time would be different, she hoped. No, she knew it would be. She was Grand “Awesome” Mentor, for mage’s sake! Karcier’s excitement was contagious and Bridget was most definitely looking forward to the change that was in the air.
Thank you, Aishe!
Krail

Post by Krail »

The Parade !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTCPmhan8p0

The peasants were cheering loudly, most likely because Karcier had given all a free round of drinks to all. The parade wasn't anything grand, only a platform with him and hopefully bridget if she wasn't late. Dwarfs were pushing the platform down the street slowly. He waved as he steadily passed each person.

"Thank you ...thank you yoru too kind !" he said. "Don't forget to cheer for your Mentor !"

The streets became very noisy but it didn't bother him, he simply waved and smiled. Are you smiling down on me Genova ? He thought. Even though he secretly had a great fear of it, he knew he'd pull through. He always did and who knows, maybe the graveyards would end up being beneficial. He chuckled at the slogan, Sponsored by the Temple Graveyard Diggers. All the Mayors of Widu had been good to her, a few minor hiccups along the way from what he'd heard but always they'd served with a good heart.

He contuined to wave, waiting for the platform to reach city hall. This would give him time to reflect his upcoming speech.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Bridget was never late! Except for today, of course. Why did things go wrong for her today or all days... Today when it was her chance to sit front and centre and be cheered on by the mobs in Widu town square? First she spilled tea all over her favourite shirt, and then she chose the least comfortable pair of sandals for the long walk to town. Her poor toes ached by the time she finally made it.

Bridget could hear the parade music as she passed through the town gates, moving as fast as her feet would take her.
"He didn't wait for me?!" she thought to herself as she ran toward the square, just as the float carrying the new mayor was passing. "Excuse me! Grand Awesome Mentor coming through!" she shouted as she pushed her way through the gathered crowd. The dwarfs slowed as she approached, one of them taking her hand and carefully assisting her as she climbed aboard the moving platform. Bridget sat in the seat next to Karcier and leaned over, whispering sheepishly in his ear, "So sorry I'm late. I had no idea what to wear." She wiped the sweat from her brow and turned to wave to the crowd. She could get used to life in the limelight.
Thank you, Aishe!
Silence

Post by Silence »

Alder had literally only just returned from his journey to Cork with a cartful of wood (the cart was something he had hastily bought off the market to allow him to carry the stuff). For all their complaining about how the market was, the rest of the town didn't seem to be doing much about it... well, he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart, which made a change... really, he just didn't want to hear any more people saying how the market was off, and he certainly didn't want to live in a town without a proper market. All things considered though, he was seriously considering selling half of this in Cork where he could get a much better price and... what was that music? Seriously, since when was there a carnival in Widu... other than that one which the peasants had tried to set up and... ok, it was getting louder. This was rediculous. Who in the world would be playing music that loud... and was that chearing he heard... gone for less than ten days, and somehow he had missed something important. Alder left his cart in the road (and dared anybody to steal from it when he knew every thief in the town, as well as what areas they traded in... and was fairly good at finding witnesses to things when he had to) and walked off in the direction of the music... something big was happening.

The boy practically turned a corner into a different world. The streets were utterly deserted until he turned one last corner towards the sound and came up against a wall, which apparently was made of people.

“What the hell is going on here?”

“What, haven't you heard? The new mayor, Karcier is throwing this parade. He's bought us all drinks too... I think I like 'im.”

“Yeah, yeah...” Alder had already moved on. Yes, he knew that Karcier was back from the grave, but he wasn't quite aware that he had gone and been made mayor while Alder was away. As he worked his way through the crowd, he came face to face with two peasants that he didn't know. Their reactions couldn't have been more different.

“Beat it street rat... We ain't got any money teh throw at yeh, and we don't need yeh mucking this up... everybody's happy, see.”

Almost simultaneously, the other peasant made way for Alder with a nod and a mutter of “Sorry for getting in your way rector.”

Alder's reaction was even more surprising to the boy. He turned and smiled at the polite man, and started to say “I'm not really a recter anymore like. See, I have some jobs that I'm doing for the place and gave bein the rector teh the mentor... when did yeh start givin way teh street urchins?” however, he was cut off at 'teh street urchins' by a rough shove from the first peasant.

Reflexively, Alder reset his stance into an unarmed fighting position, battered away the man's grasping hands with his left arm and took the man by the throat with his right, holding the grown man a full foot off the ground.

“Look you... I might not be rector right now, but I will be again later... if yeh want teh ever be able teh get into the library again, just ignore me, 'kay?”

The threat was not that great of one, but the fact that he was holding the man by his throat with only one hand seemed to quiet any objection. Alder placed the man on the floor and moved further towards the front of the crowd. When had his rectorship given him some status above the rank of street urchin with some peasants? For that matter, when had he learnt to fight like that as if it was nothing? The answer, of course, was that he had been training for three hours a day for just over nine months now, and so he naturally had gained some proficiency, but the fact that he had just done that without thinking surprised the boy a bit... anyway, mind back on track... what was going on here... and was that the mentor sitting at the front of the parade as well as the dead Akavari?
Last edited by Silence on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krail

Post by Krail »

Karcier grinned as he saw Bridget he waved to her with a childish grin. "Well, late to your own party huh tsk tsk "

The platform kept going, even though the main street of Widu was a relativly short one the uphill combined with dwarfs made for a fun struggle as there platform fell to a sluggish pace. Karcier laughed seeing the red faced dwarfs curse and shout he then looked at Bridget and smiled. "Hey they charged me a lot for this I'm getting as many laughs as I can." he said. "So Miss awesome mentor grande, any goals for this term ?" he asked. It was important he knew what they wanted to strive for, so that he could at least try to help out. He felt good, every thought was a rush simply flying through. As he turned to wave to more peasants he was sure to have spotted the strange boy, Alder. But he lost sight as more peasant heads kept bobbing up and down. The Platform would soon reach the town hall, where he would preform his speech.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Miss awesome mentor grande? Another new title? Bridget laughed, not only at the new mayor's excitement, but also at the dwarfs as they struggled and huffed and puffed their way up the hill toward town hall. Karcier was certainly milking this day. She didn't remember any other mayor throwing himself such an inauguration party. But all in good fun, right? His glee was infectious and Bridget was feeling pretty giddy to be a part of this day in history.

"What are my goals?" Bridget asked as she gave the mayor a quizzical look. "I've never been asked that before. I suppose I want to continue ... um... mentoring... And I plan to keep a better eye on the market - staying on top of the residents to keep our market healthy and moving." Bridget thought for a moment before adding, "I was also attempting to organize a town event." Bridget waved her hand around and grinned, "But it looks like you managed to do that already."
Thank you, Aishe!
Theo_Akavari

Post by Theo_Akavari »

Theo held onto Maria as he held Maria's hand. He through the crowd at the man Teide had said was his father...but not the same father. He didn't understand that. Alexis had gone on and on though about how she brought back daddy...Teide had said Theo of course could see him if he wanted but...Theo had not really wanted to...the boy was confused. He should be happy...but there was something in Teide he had sensed that made the boy unsure. Aunty Teide was very nice to them and gave them a nice bedroom but she wasn't mommy. Maybe it was a mean trick. They had said before Daddy wasn't coming back and he had gotten used to that. Now daddy was back and...he never came to see them...so the boy wondered many things that seemed to only make him sad and unhappy to think about. Theo hide behind Maria because he didn't want to be seen. He tugged on Maria's hand. He'd seen him...now he wanted to go home. The werewolf patted his head and they left through the crowd.
Logan_Miller

Post by Logan_Miller »

He stood on the rooftops as the parade went on and he covered his face with his hand seeing the cause of it all. Karcier that crazy fool, he thought to himself as he shook his head and looked down at the reddish orange tile under his feet. The man certainly knew how to play a crowd, Logan thought as he felt the cool breeze blow against his body causing his black pinstriped vest blow up from his back since he had chosen to not wear his usual trenchcoat. Instead it was just his crimson red button up shirt and pinstripped vest and which had a few knives hidden within small pockets. As he watched people he knew in the crowds he saw the small boy he had grown to love and treat like his own son, Theo. He smiled a bit seeing the boy's nervousness a bit, but he could see a confident brave look on his face....good boy he thought. He was glad he was going out into the world to experience things even though it must have been hard for him to understand everything going on. He would bring the boy a gift later in the evening he thought, maybe some chocolate much to Teide's dismay which he smiled larger at. He would have to be sneaky about it, but he thought he could pull it off if he was careful. As he saw Maria and Theo leaving he returned his gaze to the parade and all the people and he sighed.

Well I suppose that it is good that he has rallied the people...now let's just see old friend if you can maintain the job. Suppose that means someone has to watch your back to make sure that you don't croak again...and it seems just yesterday you were doing it for me when I first arrived in town....how things change.

He walked on the rooftops hopping one to the next watching the crowds as well as the rooftops to make sure just to make sure to keep a eye on the parade and to see if he could see anyone else he knew cheering their heads off for the new mad mayor of Widu.
Krail

Post by Krail »

(( Apologies for delays in replying, I've been crazy busy with work.))

Karcier grinned at Bridget and winked, "A good plan that is, mine is fairly simple....improvise my way through a term." he said fairly seriously which would no doubt worry the Queen but his track record of doing randomly well had been thus far just fine. He waved further, turned his head a bit to bridget. "We'll be arriving at Town hall...you'll get to see my first act as Mayor!" he said with a somewhat evil laugh. The platform arrived in due time and as it stopped the dwarfs all fell from exhaustion, tsk taking a break whilst on duty. He jumped down and walked up to the Town hall doors. The doors were sealed but that wouldn't be a problem, he turned to face the citizens and waved a few more times before beginning his speech.

"Fellow Citizens, Peasants and Visitors. I am now your Mayor and as my first act as Mayor...I offically call it law that all must provide taxes in hugs failure to comply will result in your houses being egged" although there was a shortage of eggs so he might have to use aloe leaves and roses instead. "My second act as Mayor..." he motioned to a group of pointy hats. Like souless golems they approached him from both sides and turned to face the crowd. Two pale yellow eyes in a void of darkness was there face, there hats were pointy and there robes neat any lover of the faith would say these were taller versions of Zachrin. "Now I'm not the type to make grand speeches of great times ahead of us...no those are just to fancy for my taste...I'll make it simple, I'm your mayor and ...well.. how to put it...oh yes your all doomed."

"Hehehe these are Black Mages...not to be mistaken with The Mages...these are ...ummmm souless golems of my creation ...well maybe my daughters I'm not entirely sure...but these will guard you...patrol the streets...and most of all...BLAST THESE DOORS OPEN!" he jumped and pointed to the Town hall doors and ordered his new security force to blast it open. They complied, fire balls formed within there palms and in one explosive and dusty second the doors were now wide open, hanging from there hinges. "Hahahahah ooooh this is going to be fun " he mumbles to himself. "Now great people, you've all had your free drinks now please let me and my friends in crime get some peace and quiet !"He then turned on his heels and smiled to the people.

"Oh..and you have offically 20 seconds to vacate the area before my security force blast you all to high Faithness" he said calmly and waved to the people goodbye. Erratic, immature and improvising everything he did...well if Widu didn't collapse from his reign of childishness then it would no doubt endure for ever more. He motioned to Nahren and Bridget to follow him into the Town Hall. "Comon now, lots of work to do. Things to buy, people to hassle ..those letter boxes arn't going to fill themselves!"