item request

Moderator: Community Team

Nocturne

Re: item request

Post by Nocturne »

1) Flour - Wheat is available, so that should be feasible.
2) Black beans were last I knew only usable for the one recipe, which were black bean soups, and IMO a waste of celery when that could make the shepard's pies. There are loads of those about, but I'd rather you make pies, honestly rather than me bring in beans, haha. If there's another use, please let me know :)
3) Sebastian, I dropped Johnstone a note to see if there can be fish brought to the VR faire from Paz.
4) Cheese and Cream - I looked at importing milk and such, and it's scarce everywhere it seems currently at any decent rates. The only offer was at 9F, which I found too out of my reasonable range.
5) Potatoes I'll see if anyone's traveling Fenia or Widu way, there were piles on the market there last I heard.

Until later....

NS
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Thanks Casimir, that would be great.

If our milk needs are an issue, and it is as a great deal of foods require milk, should we not push to have another cow field? It seems we can also use the steaks as well, so win win.

While it may be a waste in your opinion, in a way, I will sightly disagree as I provide my own celery. We should strive to have a healthy market and offer others any combination of stat foods that we feel is wanted. Bottom line; Bread can be viewed as a waste when we have eggs, corn and sweet corn available. That doesn't mean that it doesn't sell. The phenomenon that is bread, is something that isn't understood by many.

When we are running short of the list of items just my shop needs, as well as other shops, we do not have a healthy market. I agree. 9 is way too much for milk, especially for an issue we can fix ourselves and shouldn't even have to think about importing. When we have fish on the market for 30, it is imperative that we are providing milk for ourselves.

Our markets needs leaves a huge opportunity for traders, especially if they aren't hugely greedy. That is a lot of room for outsiders to run our market.

Just some food for thought.
Casimir

Post by Casimir »

Depending on my income, I may switch fields to cow so I can start producing milk as quickly as I can at a fair price. The way I see it, folks with low income struggle with cow fields thus why we may be lacking on some goods. For now, I'll be keeping an eye on the markets and see what goods I can grasp to make cheese and creams.

As for celery and black bean soups, I agree on the variety of food but I do share Nocturne's opinion on shepard pies. As you see, black beans soup provide our hungry needs two times (2 hunger points) giving us some clarity on intelligence, strength and charisma (1 point for each), shepard pies provide us with a much broader needs.
Shepard pies satisfy our hungry needs three times (3 hunger points) and gives a major boost to intelligence, strength and charisma (3 intel, 3 str and 1 char points).
It is more of a matter of prioritizing according to our citizens needs since celery is a bit hard to come by and to be more efficient as a community. Once the need of intelligence, strength and charisma goes lower, we can produce other needs that are good to keep a balance such as black beans with less demand.

This is of course, my humble opinion.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

My cows are milked every other day, and as soon as I put the milk on the market, it's gone within the first 5-10 hours usually. I would wager to say that it is the highest prized item from the fields outside of eggs and wheat (to feed said cows) likely at the moment within our VR. I can switch both my fields to cow, but honestly until I finish Animal Husbandry I, it isn't efficient enough for me to do so with the cost of wheat; when I finish the two classes that I'm currently working on, I can work on AHI and switch both fields if it's still lacking.

Noct
Katie

Post by Katie »

I have watched that 134 fish for 30 Fs each and they are not selling.

If anyone has a pillow to sell for a reasonable price, contact me.

Thanks
banner by Aida j'Otun
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Still in search for a good many things a miller makes, as I could keep them pretty much in their shop on a regular basis and keep them making a decent wage.

Flour
Cream - I have the milk for this item
Cheese - I have the milk for this item
Corn meal
Mash Taters - I also have the Milk and Potatoes

I will even go further- I can provide the milk for (8) cheese and (8) cream and can provide the milk and potatoes for (4) mash currently. Loads of wheat on the market same as with sweet corn that can be made into corn meal..
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

I'm pushing out the above items as fast as possible keep checking the market please. Stuff should be up by tomorrow or so.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

I'll be back in town tomorrow with a bunch of wood to put on the market.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Thank you Tolin, for getting these much needed items made. Appreciated very much. I have more milk if you want to make more cheese, just let me know.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Have returned from foraging for a while and am looking for some bacon if anyone has any.

Should be putting up some Shepherds pies today...