[ORP] A Bard of Life and a Lady of Fire

Moderator: Community Team

Michael

Re: [ORP] A Bard of Life and a Lady of Fire

Post by Michael »

After receiving his invitation and making his way to his longtime friend, Zahara's wedding, Michael finally arrived. After arriving, he to a moment to look around at the beautiful venue. Taking in the sight of the beautifully set up venue he located a table for the gifts. He walked up to the table and placed his gift on the table. Being a fine blacksmith himself, he fashioned a pair of elegant forever love bracelets for the happy couple.
He then walked over to the back where he noticed all the guests were seated. He looked for an open chair and took a seat, waiting for the proceedings to begin.
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry arrived at the wedding location, properly dressed and even carrying a gift. She had a hard time coming up with something as she did not know Zahara and especially Stewart that well. She thought they might not appreciate the special "strawberry" juice of the kind she gave to Dahlia and Casimir. She thought about bringing one of her steward's awesome high quality cakes, but what if they already arranged for a baker to make their wedding cake?
So this time she went against her principles and brought a small barrel of home brewed whiskey. She convinced herself Zahara and Steward seemed like sensible people, never seen drunk. It would probably work out alright.

Dwayberry put her barrel on the table with the other gifts, and then smiled at the familiar faces before taking a seat. She hadn't spotted any wedding cake yet. Perhaps she should have brought one after all?
Oh well, patience, she reminded herself. Probably have to wait first for all the guests to arrive, and then for the actual wedding to commence before it is time for the cake.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Ambrosia

Post by Ambrosia »

In the perfect world the door would have been unlocked for her. Ambra scowled at the obstacle, and was briefly thankful that she hadn't forgotten her hair piece. A bright blue metallic rod, had been placed to hold her curly mass into a bun. However, she plucked it out and bent it into her own shape. She leaned forward as she slid the pick into the lock, and firmly pressed her ear against the door. Just one tiny click into the secrets of half her childhood. Time stood still as she maneuvered the make shift pin up and down the key hole.Lost within her own determination, she almost didn't hear the lock. As she knelt there the scent of decay lifted upward and tickled her nostrils. Her nostrils flared trying to get rid of the unwelcoming scent, and finally she heard movement behind her. "Ambra!!!! You're going to be late!"

She groaned loudly as the peppy voice made her ears tingle. "Hello, Mira." She spun towards the servant a few inches shorter than her, with long straight red hair and cheeks of freckles. Mira handed her the dress with a happy squeal. Ambra glanced around the tunnel of dark dirt, and gave Mira an eye roll. "The dress is going to get dirty. What were you thinking?" The servant girl grinned sheepishly, "Well, I thought let them eat cake!"

Ambra had to question Mira at times, and this was one. She grabbed onto the girl's forearm and marched with her out of the grave that was dug down into the secret passageway. Once out she dusted herself off, and excused herself into a tomb. Slipping off the black dress, that could be considered foreboding, she changed into another dress more fitting for the occasion. Luck ruled in her favor that Mira was much like others in Secfenia, a supernatural woman. Within minutes the girl had carried with her a cake box decorated in small blue flames. A smile dragged over her features, "I'll see you later Mira. Thank you." With that her heels clicked into the soft ground until she made it to the destination. Falling behind into one of the guest seats, she smoothed out the sapphire blue material of the taffeta-like dress (http://31.media.tumblr.com/c7ad2ac9456a ... o1_500.jpg). Black embroidery designs delivered contrast on the bottom of her skirt, as well as the bodice. She places the box into her lap, and quietly hopes that Mira didn't grab the wrong box. Her eyes glanced upwards to look around the place enchanted by it's beauty and the promises it carried.
Sister to Dahlia, Zuan, Zhou, & Serafina. RIP Razen & Cara (Trinity)
Great-great-great-great-great granddaughter of Rannek
TY Aishe for the banner!
Zahara

Post by Zahara »

Waiting patiently for the priestess to get there, She peered out to see how many people had arrived. She smiles as she looked around and saw that several old and new friends had made it safely. She looked around for Cath.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Putting on her best wedding robe, Misty quickly makes her way to the wedding venue.

After arriving she see's that the guests are already seated and waiting for this important event to start. She gives Zahara a big smile to apologise for being so late.
StewartLongfellow

Post by StewartLongfellow »

Finds a familiar spot among the front of the gathering, meets up with Misty, smiles
Onward, right?
glances around at the people gathered, wondering on Sebastian but figures he'll arrive in the nick of time, per custom
Misty

Post by Misty »

Seeing that this was a good time to start, Misty clears her throat, and says in a clear voice

"We are gathered together in the presence of family and friends to celebrate the the love, devotion and commitment which these two have for each other, to give recognition to their decision to commit their lives and accept each other completely."
Looking at Zahara , Misty asks, "would you like to pledge your vow to Stewart?"
balerion

Post by balerion »

Balerion's eyes bulge almost out of their sockets at the wedding beginning before the arrival of the best man. Since he sees Misty trying to speak to Zahara from very far away he starts to march her down the aisle. Of course since its the first wedding of one of his adopted daughters he can't simply march down without flaunting at least a little magic. Speaking a brief spell under his breath Zahara seems to float down the row without her feet even touching the ground. It seems that way of course because that is exactly what is happening. With a huge grin on his face and wearing his best bow tie Balerion calmly proceeds with his precious gem to the front.

"My dear the day couldn't be lovelier. Look at everything, it is gorgeous! You couldn't be lovelier either even if you had scales." Balerion winks at her with a chuckle. "I do so hope that you will be happy all the days of your life. Your joy is my joy and your sorrow my sorrow. I love you more than words can express."

Being halfway down the aisle, the wedding march playing loudly all around Balerion decides its time to be yet a bit flashier. Calling a few of his air sprite friends he sets them to twinkling in the air around the wedding party. Brief fireflies of red, gold, and silver twinkle and catch the eye. Of course nothing would catch the eyes of anyone more than his lovely daughter, still he thought it was a nice touch.

"No matter what happens you will always have my love and affection. I might have to share you a bit now, but I think he might almost be good enough for you. You picked well, but not even a prince would have been entirely good enough in my sight. So long as he makes you happy that is all that matters. Know that wherever your brother might be he is watching this today. Nothing could possibly keep him from seeing this even if he doesn't seem to be found after all is said and done."

Balerion finally makes it to the end of the wedding aisle hoping Misty will remember to ask who gives this woman to this man. It was rather an important bit, to fathers at least. After he would sit next to his lovely wife Suu and try to wait for the wedding cake without his stomach rumbling too much. He also thought he saw some of that strawberry pie somewhere that he and Dwayberry loved so much. It was, in short, a perfect day.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Zahara

Post by Zahara »

She smiled softly, as she floated down the isle towards Stew with her father very close... listening quietly to every word he said as she floated down.

"Daddy, you could not have come into my life at a better time... " She winks back at him, and looks around, then returns to speaking again, "As long as I have my family, my joy is overspread... as for my brother, I do not think he is coming back at all, so I will just say that if he is watching, he is watching from somewhere afar and does not wish to be found. But I'd hope he would approve as much as you do... I love you Daddy!" At the end of the isle, she gives Bal a hug then steps forward to Stew and smiles as she hears Misty speak.

"Stewart, my love, I pledge to be yours forever, no matter the season, time, or place, and upon our Pillow at night, promise to love you, cherish you, and share everything with you. No secrets be invited, no lies be told, and no hatred given no matter the situation or how mad you might get.. I promise that you will be the only one sharing my Pillow at any given time, and no matter how far or close together we be. "

She paused for a moment, then smiled again.... "Without you love, I would be no more. Without you, I would be lost. With you, life has fun and purpose... happiness, and joy. With you, life is meaningful, and relaxing, even on the most stressful days. With you around, I find life as a journey of us, with a world to enjoy and explore, my muse to enlighten me and to guide me... and so much more."

She grinned again, looking around, then back at Stewart, and again to Misty.
StewartLongfellow

Post by StewartLongfellow »

Watches Zahara approach, can't help but smile. Thinking to himself, that here is the Lady of Fire and that these last few weeks have been nothing short of amazing, his listens to the banter back and forth between her and her father. Listening to Zahara give her vows, he smiles, knowing her words to be true, then goes over what dwells in his mind, and heart.
Last edited by StewartLongfellow on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.