Mayor Debate and Questions !

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Re: Mayor Debate and Questions !

Post by Texas_Knight »

I welcome questions from all creatures. I know there are those that have curiosities that need answers. So please come forth and satisfy your thirst for knowledge.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Calysta

Post by Calysta »

"To interject.. I was one of the creatures that contacted TK about goods. I appreciate his discretion in our business matters. The fact that I contacted TK does not mean that I don't trust Karcier or Bridget as has been implied. Trusting TK is not mutually exclusive of trusting the mayor and mentor. I trust all three. Besides, why do I have to only go to the mayor or mentor if I need something? I'd rather take care of things myself.

"I think both TK and Karcier want what's best for the town; they just want to do it in different ways.

"I do have a question for both candidates. Regardless of who wins, you'll both still be in VR positions. Will the two of you be able to work with the other regardless of the mayoral election outcome?"
Krail

Post by Krail »

Looks at Texas and sticks his tongue out "This debate is all in good sport, thus yes we will still work for Kiene, we might differ in .....views ...he is much more loyal to the bone whilst I'm more ..practical but the path is the same, that path is Kiene. Like Texas, I am professional when it comes to work, I do my job regardless." he pauses and nods. "Nor did I say you couldn't trade with him, however the way the matter was brought up by competition was that the buyer...thus you. Didn't trust nor seemed to think you could get what you needed from T.H because I am an evil mad man would not provide such...but Texas however could...granted I am mad but I'm not unreasonable. Which prompted the whole, T.H goods being too expensive. Which yes, they are for the few items T.h is sellign the highest 'currently' on market to set the standard, however this also allows citizens to sell among each other, which should be what is happening and is. Thank you for stepping up Calysta, it makes matters a lot more nicer to talk about." he says with a smile.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Can we work together for Kiene? Of course we can! It's real easy when I clog my ears to his babblings and close my eyes to his faces. *chuckles* But seriously, I have no problems working for the betterment of Kiene with one who differs in ways to get things done. It brings balance when opposing ideas have to compromise a bit. Of course, I will always agree that my way is the best way. Not the only way, just the best. *sticks his tongue back out and lights his pipe*
Orion

Post by Orion »

Some evenings back in the Kiene tavern, Orion said he will not come to ask questions and be happy with any of the candidates becoming the new mayor. He was sure both candidates would do a great job by doing things their own way.

But this was a very heated discussion and Orion could not choose which candidates will get his vote.
He walks to the debate and speaks.

Karicer, TK - i know you both will do great. Since our Grand "Awesome" mentor princess Bridget is....hmmm....busy, i should let her rest and rather ask some basic questions to both of the candidates in hopes they will teach me something new and will spare me from 2 or even more days boring reading of the mage scrolls about the order of this world.

Orion pauses for a minute, takes a deep breath and then continues.

I have one question for each of the candidates.

A question for Mr. Karicer:
I see you have a medium boat yourself and 1 more medium boat for sale on the market. I also see a medium boat has 14 defense.
Will the medium boat help & give the defense to your combat abilities in the stats duel OR to your fight abilities if for example we would be attacked by some enemy army?

A question for TK:
Mentor Bridget advised me that equipment and weapons can break during the training. However i just today have trained with my longsword and it did not lost any of it condition (% stayed the same).
Would you advise me to keep training with my longsword OR do i rather spare/save it and buy some plain sword and use it just for the training?

These 2 things i really want to know and I will give my vote to the candidate which will be most successful on explaining to me.

With great anxiety Orion waited for replies from both candidates.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

Orion wrote:
A question for TK:
Mentor Bridget advised me that equipment and weapons can break during the training. However i just today have trained with my longsword and it did not lost any of it condition (% stayed the same).
Would you advise me to keep training with my longsword OR do i rather spare/save it and buy some plain sword and use it just for the training?

These 2 things i really want to know and I will give my vote to the candidate which will be most successful on explaining to me.

With great anxiety Orion waited for replies from both candidates.
I would advise to keep training with the longsword. By the time you're fully trained in that weapon you'll have more than enough money to buy you a much better sword if you desire. Also, make sure you play the bean and card games at the caravan each day. That is a great way to save money and you can take it out in any town that you happen to travel to. This prevents the need for carrying grants, or large amounts of cash on you in the event that you are robbed while travelling.

TK
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Karicer, TK - i know you both will do great. Since our Grand "Awesome" mentor princess Bridget is....hmmm....busy, i should let her rest and rather ask some basic questions to both of the candidates in hopes they will teach me something new and will spare me from 2 or even more days boring reading of the mage scrolls about the order of this world.
attack and Defense is obtained primarily through certain types of equipment, such as the medium boat. These stats are used in battles, fights, and duels. All weapons are different in terms of attack, defense and stats. Boats are equipment and do count towards your stats, however they also degrade by time like other equipment. They can also randomly be destroyed once decay starts. Your stats will basically be vs the person the system decides you fight. When you are lower leveled, you act more as a distraction so a higher leveledp layer can chop down others, sometimes a lucky 'nick or whack' from a well equiped level 1/2 etc might help anothers fight.

So in short, all your stats are taken into mind during fights, duels and battles. So just because your defense is good, doesn't mean someone's higher strengh won't smash through it.

Also I'd suggest training your hand to hand as well, sorcery way permits one to disarm the opponent.
Orion

Post by Orion »

As both mayor candidates replied to him, Orion hears and is very surprised how much detailed new information and knowledge for him he heard today. Both of these lessons he heard so he will sure write them down for himself.

Thank you both for your detailed replies and explanations. I am truly amazed that both of you replied to me with so much additional and most useful knowledge. I hope more newer creatures of Widu like me heard them too.

I will vote for a candidate like i said. And i should write to both candidates a thank you letter for the valuable lesson.

Hearing this really made Orion very happy today. Perhaps he should consider trying to talk more with others in Widu more as maybe they also know something very important they could teach to him and others.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Congrats on the election!

It was nice to see a good debate for once. Lets us remember we are alive. ;)
Karcier_Aisu

Post by Karcier_Aisu »

Aye twas interesting I will say ! And its for that reason I did the debate really, It was for fun and just to liven things up ! Plus I don't think Widu ever had a debate !