[IRP]Lakeside Manse

Moderator: Community Team

Duke_of_Earl

Re: [IRP]Lakeside Manse

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

<Fraternity is the open circle. The idea that everyone is in some capacity really a member of the same extended family, and that working towards the greater good of the society, so that everyone may prosper together, is a better goal than working as small groups or individuals in competition against others to see who might prosper the most at the expense of another party.

Charity is the falling rain. The idea that there is a maximum capacity by which prosperity is defined, and beyond that capacity, there is no need to hoard additional wealth or resources that would better serve the community through reinvestment. The community as whole will achieve prosperity faster through aiding each member to achieve things like fertile land, herds, professional tools and training, and that this communal prosperity is greater in the end than being wealthy among legions of destitute.

Industry is the ever-growing forest. The idea that prosperity comes from production rather than from acquisition. Creation already provides everything needed from which to generate prosperity, but to do so requires the investment of labor and ingenuity. A community working together can self-sufficiently provide for all of it's needs as well as make excess to be traded for things that can not be locally made. This form of prosperity is more rewarding than any gained through conquest or by some system of tithes and taxes and tributes and whatever else that means taking wealth rather than making it.>

<These were the principals the woman in white thought to teach to her city. It was most unfortunate that in the end the residents chose another path. >
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Aida

Post by Aida »

Aida had been listening quiety, but thought the better of asking what it meant. Whether there had really existed a city of only humans, or the angels, or the women the cat had described through his translator. It was evidently not a story meant for her and she wondered what significence it had for Tananda. She paused to wonder with slight trepidation whether the dreams she had dreamt in the past had really been real and if they had what horrors had really happened before they had crumbled away, back into the dreamstuff they came from. Only a vague but terrifying memory that faded into the past. It sounded like a religious parable, like something that could be painted in brilliant and glittering colours on a temple wall. Aida felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on end.

She pulled a dusty book from a nearby shelf and blew away the time, smiling as she recognised some of the symbols etched into the cover.
Tananda

Post by Tananda »

a tear rolled down her cheek. I wish that that the city had prospered the idea behind the story is grand. it sounds like a way of life I would like though I cant deside witch one I like better. its hard to deside witch way is better. what way would you pick Aida? or you duke? or is it about choosing at all? im sorry im confused and asking so many questions.
Karina

Post by Karina »

They are three strands of one rope.
smiles encouragingly
You needn't apologize for seeking knowledge.
-Banner by Aida
Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Finally remembering that the guest had indeed earlier asked for some water, Grandfather exits the room after a few minutes pops back into the library carrying a tarnished silver tray with some crystal glasses of water, as small plate of sliced lemons, and a tiny bowl of brown sugar, and some napkins. Grandfather places the tray upon the desk then picks up two glasses offering one to Tananda and the other around the room to each occupant to see who might want it.
-banner by SaelaV90
Tananda

Post by Tananda »

Tandy takes the water Thank you sir. well Duke I don't mean to be rude but I am a little lost on what I am here for. The story was wonderful but why tell it to me. Am I here to choose what path to take? Tandy sits confused and waits for Duke to answer
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

<You reminded me of that soul I have encountered before.
I just wanted to see if you were she.
If you like the path, I still walk it, and may be looking to introduce here.
You are welcome to join me if I do ((Might decide to make a guild)).

Otherwise, I suppose this concludes any business I've had with you today.
Though if you wouldn't mind sharing a story in turn, I might like to hear exactly what Michael's pitch was that would attract a shiny soul such as yourself to his cause. It isn't necessary though if you'd prefer such things be left in the past.>
Tananda

Post by Tananda »

tandy sits and thinks how to start he replay and her eyes go unfocused I would love to walk the path it sounds like grand. and thank you for the complement. but I'm not so sure I'm so shiny. as far as a story in return well Michael has been very kind to me and has given me a lot of work from the Army and I have been trying to climb the latter so to say.(leveling) and he has been a good friend to me. I may not be much but I like to think I am loyal. but I realized that even being loyal to my friend I was wrong I deserved the punishment I got.
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

<Blue-white like an Archons aura. Very well, If I can find another pair of volunteers to join us, I will ask the Mages to set us up as a G.O.A.S. (guild, org, soc.).
Yes. I did business with him as well. He would buy Gems from the mine which was helpful. Loyalty may be where the blue-white comes from. It is a good quality to possess, but can cause internal conflict when one is loyal to two or more parties who turn out to be enemies of each other.

Now that it is all over with, how are you fixed for work these days? Are army contracts and otherwise still forthcoming?
If not and you need some more, you may contract with Aida here to deliver you ingredients and pick up products at fair market values.
Meats as well as gems and gemed items if you're able to craft them.>
Tananda

Post by Tananda »

Thank you Duke I have not had work in some time I would love some I am level 2 70% we can sit down and talk prices latter.