[IRP]Lakeside Manse

Moderator: Community Team

Duke_of_Earl

[IRP]Lakeside Manse

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

[[References this thread: http://www.secfenia.org/forums/viewtopi ... =81&t=7171 though everything now really is dusty and overgrown]]

Duke is siiting in front of the cause away along with 2 memebers of the clerical staff waiting for the invited parties to arrive.
Last edited by Duke_of_Earl on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Aida

Re: [IRP]Lakeside Mans

Post by Aida »

Aida walked along, humming, watching how the light bounced off the trees in the October sunshine. It was a little chilly as usual for this time of year and she pulled her shawl carefully around herself, watching her step for large rocks or small ditches. A manse by the lake, the letter had said and although the lakeside had become more and more familar to her over the past few weeks, she was having trouble finding it.

Squinting, she looked ahead at what seemed like it could be a structure. It was awfully over grown though, although as she approached she saw the outline of a manor appear in front of her. Aida called out tentatively, "Hello?" before battling through a bush to find a path. She wondered what the mayor could have asked her here for.
Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

As Aida's voice echos down the causeway and the old scribe catches sight of her, he turns to the young girl beside him and says in a dry and gravely voice:
"You see? I told you it was just metaphore. There are no such thing as "Potato People."

The scribe raises his voice a bit to be heard from further away and says: "This way young miss., Right this way." before turing back to the girl in time to here her demanding of the cat: "But you clearly showed us a potato!"

"Rrooow."
Duke breathes a sigh from between his nostrils squinting slightly against the reflecting light.
-banner by SaelaV90
Aida

Post by Aida »

Aida started when she saw the wiry old man address her. He had a certain look about him, although there was no reason to be any more alarmed at him than any of the other curious and frankly grotesque creatures she had met in her travels. Still, something seemed a little off about him. She still followed him though, although now a little on edge. Relaxing when she saw Duke, she raised her eyebrows in amusement at the potato comment.

Curiously, she nodded to the mayor and asked him, "Good day, what an interesting old place. I was intrigued when I got your letter... what's going on?" She looked expectedly at the young girl, as though expecting her to answer.
Karina

Post by Karina »

The old man opens his mouth preparing to answer but the young girl cuts him off: "Eh-ah, it's my job to speak for the cat, it's your job to write for him."

She runs up to Aida cheerily and takes her hand.
"How do you Do? I'm Karina. I'll need you to steer me as we go.
I can't see reality and memories at the same time, so talking for the cat kinda blinds me.
Are you ready?"

Karina catches Dukes gaze and goes deweyeyed, she replies to Aida's question in a much slower and deeper tone of voice with a more southron accent.

"This was my mistresses house. Thorns. It was her favorite place in all of the realms. Her quiet retreat.
She was actually annoyed at first that I intruded here, ironic as that may be. She is gone now. Long gone.
There are things inside I've left alone hoping she'd come back. Sometimes they come back; in this world.
It's been a long time now though. A very long time. So I want you to have some of my mistress's old things.
I think they will be of help to you."
-Banner by Aida
Aida

Post by Aida »

Aida started once again at the swift dip in the girls' voice and the strange look in her eye. She looked very young, and Aida wondered if that made it easier for her to communicate the cat's thoughts. She pulled her hand away gently and stood listening, wondering what kind of lady Thorns had been and what the house had looked like before it had fallen into overgrowth and disrepair. The sound of the lake lapping against the shore and the wind rustling through the bushes echoed in the background. Aida thought she spied a robin in the corner of her eye.

She smiled, "Then I'd be honoured to put those things to good use. Perhaps one day you will see her again."
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

"Meow."

The cat turns and leads the small party across the causeway, pausing for "grandfather' to swing open the rusty gate for Aida and Karina.
The gate squeels a familiar rusty gate noise as it is open. Approaching the front doors "Grandfather removes a key from his front pocket and twists it into the lock. Pushing the door open. The air withing is stagnant and stale. Duke pads to a door a door on the right hand side of this main hall and waits for it to similarly be re-opened. Beyond this door is the library. Duke climbs up upon Thorns old desk, and looks at Grandfather for a time before shifting his gaze to Karina. Grandfather opens a drawer in the desk and begins delicately moving about the contents within, barely seeming to even touch them.

Karina looks to Aida and says: You okay? Some folks find this creepy and we usually save it for the office, but... well..., next bit of exposition coming up, if you are ready for it? "
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
Aida

Post by Aida »

Aida followed the strange company, nodding to the old man with quiet thanks as he opened the gate for her and the young translator. At this point, she was sure there would be some who would be wary of a trap, but Aida trusted the mayor and so simply followed. Pausing to sneeze at the stale and dusty air, she quickly caught up, hoping one of these old beams wouldn't suddenly fall down. Watching Grandfather open a drawer, she began to lean over to see what was going on before looking up at Karina.

"Strange? Yes, I'm ready."
Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

As Karina begins reaching for Aira, grandfather quickly interrupts.
"Hold a moment, I have found it."
He pulls a ring from the drawerer and approaches Aida with it explaining:

"Lord Ciphas had the latest casting of the 'Signit of The Office of the Treasury' with him when he failed to return.
We've never got around to recasting a new one.
You will need to use this one.
It will be better than a note to explain to town guards and other officers that you are there on official business of Fenia City.

He reaches for your hand with one of his own intending to drop the ring with his other hand into your open palm.
-If you allow him to touch your hand, you will notice that grandfather feels as cold as the autumn wind.
Grandfather steps away from you, and turns towards the bookshelf. He begins brushing dust from the spines of several books, pulling those books partway out from the rest.

Karina raises her eyebrow and reaches out again for steadying as Duke prepares to explain about the books.
-banner by SaelaV90
Aida

Post by Aida »

Her head snapped towards Grandfather as he began to speak and she held her hand out to receive the signit ring. A chill went up her spine as her hand brushed the old man's, it was as cold as the wind outside. She examined the ring and smiled, it was a heavy brass signit ring with the heraldic castle of Fenia City imprinted on it. Useful indeed, she could imagine getting out of many scrapes with this official symbol on her ring. Aida slipped it onto her thumb and held it up to admire the metalwork. She turned to thank Duke, opening her mouth to speak before she realised Karina was about to address her again.