[ORP] Fenia City Army

Moderator: Community Team

Constance_de_Vere

[ORP] Fenia City Army

Post by Constance_de_Vere »

With Constance's brother, Kiaran, feverishly busy working in his Masonry shop, Hrodohaidis had free rein to puppeteer Constance's body around to achieve her own objectives. After Michael's failed uprising, one of those objectives had fallen into her hands with laughable ease in the form of the Captaincy of one of the Viceroyalty's armies. As one of the loyal, brave defenders of Fenia City, who could fail to trust Constance?

Her excitement was somewhat abated by the fact she'd have to fund it herself, but that was just another duty for the hard working brother. He, of course, did not realize that his increased labor was funding her army. After arranging that all army correspondence would go to the army encampment instead of to the de Vere's estate, she was confident that he would never find out.

Thus far the army encampment was spare, consisting of a command tent and a mess tent to the Northwest of Fenia City. She, however, had plans for building a more permanent fort with the grunts in the army. Just as Constance herself was Hrodohaidis' public foil, so too would the army be. In every way it would be loyal and defend Fenia City and Fenia, but it would be an easy way for her to attract the power she desired. Not a power to overthrow thrones or rule cities, but to continue possession of the body which had served her so long.

To this purpose, she posted various flyers throughout Fenia City and the surrounding area.
[center]FENIA CITY ARMY[/center]
Recruitment is open. No experience necessary.

Civilians, career military, sorcerers, statesmen and priests are all welcome. Must be a Viceroyalty of Fenia citizen.

Specific positions desired:
Quartermaster
Soldiers
Scout(s)
Cook
Recruitment Officer

Interested parties should report to the army command tent.
Hrodohaidis, feeling her hold on her host slipping, relinquished control. Constance came to herself and blinked, finding herself staring at the army recruitment notice. Whatever would possess her to even look at such a thing? Feeling a chill, she wrapped her arms around herself, distressed that she had come out of the house so lightly dressed. With the belief she must have been distracted on her way to the Fenia University, she hastened that way.
Aida

Re: [ORP] Fenia City Army

Post by Aida »

"What do you think Renny? Think we could cook up a storm for the soldiers? Well, you couldn't, you're a bird..." She turned back to the recruitment notice and pulled her shawl around herself, thinking as the Phoenix hopped about on the top of the noticeboard. Aida looked at him thoughtfully as a peasant came around the corner, tipping his head when he recognised the Countess. She smiled, her arms still folded around her against the chill, her breath vapour, "And what do you think, Mr. Gardener? Think I'd make a good army cook?" He replied with a chuckle and a bow, "I think my Lady would be able to do anything she set her mind upon."

"A very diplomatic answer, sir. I need those timber frames sent up to the house tomorrow, by the way. I'll be about later for business."

"Very good, my Lady," he said, trundling off into the city whistling.

She turned back to the board, remembering she had neither quill nor ink to add her name. Hmm, where would Lady Constance be? At home? Was it right to call on her at home? Perhaps the university, then. Nodding, Aida pulled her hood up over her head to warm her ears and crunched down the icy path towards the university, intending to leave a note for Constance de Vere.
Nocturne

Post by Nocturne »

The shadows watched the oddity taking place, and after the departure of the others, Nocturne emerged, gazing upon the flyer that was left. "Quartermaster, eh? That sounds like a position that would get lots of treats to eat on the regular. Perhaps I'll inquire to that. Or inquire what is going on with Lady Constance. But where to ask her, that is the question. Such things are always so fun. Perhaps I should just invite her to the mayor's house for tea. That place is always so empty anyway, it seems. I have a hard time finding people there at any time."

Slipping back into emptiness, he pondered more things of teamwork, and how pieces fit together in the puzzle...
Constance_de_Vere

Post by Constance_de_Vere »

With the need to juggle her puppet being both Rector and Captain, Hrodohaidis started the young woman's day early. Around dawn to noon she let Constance have free rein so that she could be found at the University, attending the tediously boring duties of ensuring teachers arrived for the assigned classes of the day and doing any necessary paperwork. Hrodohaidis couldn't be bothered to do these things herself, so complacently watched her host during those hours, poised to snatch control back if there was a threat. During the couple hours in the middle of the day, Constance returned home to the de Vere Estate and had lunch with her brother. Hrodohaidis took firm control at this point so that what he said fell upon deaf ears. Even breaking his legs hadn't properly cowed him, but for now he was a necessary annoyance. The rest of the day she had Constance go to the army encampment and train. After that she'd return to the de Vere Estate to bathe and have dinner before retiring for the night. Utilizing the relentless energy of youth, or perhaps the sinister driving force of Hrodohaidis, Constance never deviated from her demanding schedule, always being cheerful at the University and in public. In private, well that was an entirely different matter, but only those who spied upon the de Vere Estate would see those moments.